Monday, December 1, 2008

Light unto my Feet

I shared some of this with a friend today, to encourage them. It sure helped me. I hope it helped my friend and I pray that it helps you too.

Psalm 119:105 say, "Thy word is a LAMP unto my feet and a light unto my PATH".



God's word is a LAMP...not a spot light. It lights up each step of the way and not the big picture. It ligths our PATH, not the highway...only what we NEED to see.

God doesn't want you see the big picture. HE wants you to see one step at a time. THat's his plan. That's how he builds our faith. He KNOWS that I wouldn't even try to trust him if I knew what all was ahead of me. His ways are not our ways.

He wants us to Trust HIM to each step of the way. If he gave us a spotlight to show us everything that was ahead of us, we wouldn't need Him. Remember whe you were a child and you followed your daddy in the snow? We weren't tall enough to see much ahead of us, just that one step in front of us. What about when we held our daddy's hand and just followed him where ever he went. We were too small to see much ahead of us. We just had to trust our Daddy and follow. Our heavenly father is the same. Call him ABBA! ABBA! DADDY! DADDY! Take his hand and let him lead you, as though you were still a child. You are HIS child! Trust Him! Seek Him! Talk to Him and let Him talk to you...through his word. Listen to HIM! God has something wonderful for you if you follow HIM!! He has this perfect, amazing plan for each one of us and it becomes more amazing and beautiful as it unfolds.

And it's ALL for our good and his glory!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He sure knows who put in your life at the right time when he wants you to know something!!! Thank you Jesus for Teresa and the words that you give her to share with those who need it!!